Top Attorney for Wrongful Death Cases
Losing a loved one to an accident is a tragic and difficult thing for the family left behind. If someone you love passed away due to another party’s negligence, you might have a wrongful death case against those responsible for your loved one’s death. The Law Office of Daniel D. Horowitz, III PC is here to seek compensation in this difficult time. Mr. Horowitz is a board-certified personal injury lawyer that has helped accident victims and their families recover over $200 million in damages.
Reach out now for a free consultation for your wrongful death case.
While grieving, we understand how difficult it can be to handle a legal battle with the negligent party responsible for your loved one’s death. However, it’s important to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible for your case so they can preserve evidence and start building a case for you. We know no amount of money will bring back your loved one, but compensation in a wrongful death case helps cover the expenses and financial consequences of your unexpected loss and can hold the person or group responsible for the death of your loved one. Our team offers compassionate, knowledgeable legal counsel for your wrongful death case.
We handle all types of wrongful death cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Premises accidents
- Defective Product accidents
Our firm is here to fight for you in your wrongful death case.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Case?
In Texas, only certain people can file a wrongful death case for a deceased loved one. They include:
- Parents: Parents can file a wrongful death case for their children (biological or adopted) of any age. This typically excludes stepparents unless they have legally adopted the child.
- Children: Children of any age can also file a wrongful death suit for the loss of their parent, whether biological or adopted. They do not need to be dependents of their lost parent to seek compensation for their wrongful death. Adopted children often cannot seek compensation for the wrongful death of a biological parent.
- Spouses: Spouses can also seek wrongful death compensation for a deceased spouse. This includes both legally married spouses and people who meet the rules for common law marriage in Texas.
Additionally, the deceased’s estate can also file a wrongful death case to recover compensation for expenses.
Types of Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
There are many different types of damages that may be available in your wrongful death case. As a top personal injury attorney, our firm can help you understand whether and how they apply for your case. Here are some of the common types of damages you can seek compensation for in a wrongful death case:
- Funeral/Burial Costs: Wrongful death compensation can cover all costs related to the funeral and burial of your loved one.
- Medical Expenses: Often, victims of accidents receive medical care before they pass, leaving medical bills behind for the family. You can seek compensation for these expenses in a wrongful death case.
- Pain and Suffering: As hard as it is to think about, your loved one may have experienced physical pain and suffering before their passing. You can also seek compensation for this suffering.
- Pecuniary Support: Once a loved one passes, you also lose their financial support. Wrongful death cases often seek financial compensation for this lost support.
- Loss of Inheritance: If a parent dies before their time in an accident, their children may not receive as much or any inheritance. A wrongful death suit can provide compensation for this loss.
- Loss of Companionship: Loss of companionship is basically losing the love, affection, and relationship with your loved one. This type of damage is generally available to any family member that can file a wrongful death suit.
- Loss of Consortium: Loss of consortium is generally the loss of sexual relationship between spouses, which you can also seek compensation for.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case
Daniel Horowitz is an experienced attorney here to fight for you after you lose a loved one in an accident. We handle all types of wrongful death cases, whether you lost your loved one to a negligent driver in a car crash, a negligent manufacturer in a product defect accident, or a negligent employer in an industrial accident. We fight for you and your family to get the compensation you deserve after an accident and hold the people responsible for your loved one’s death accountable.
After an accident, insurance companies and company representatives may try to avoid paying you or pay you as little as possible for the death of your parent, child, or spouse. We are here to prevent this issue and get maximum compensation for your case.