Injured in an Oil or Gas Field Accident Near Houston?
Our Houston Oilfield Injury Attorney Advocates for Texas Workers
The energy industry is a huge and important piece of the Texas state economy. Many people work in the energy industry in various capacities. Unfortunately, there are also many risks associated with the industry. When oil and gas accidents happen, we recommend that you reach out to an oilfield injury attorney to discuss your potential claim.
Common Texas Oil and Gas Accidents
According to the United States Energy Information Administration (EIA), Texas was the top crude oil-producing state in 2018. There are active oil refineries all over Texas. Many different occupations contribute to the oil and gas industry.
Proper training, safety standards and protective gear are essential for a safe working environment. When these procedures are not followed, accidents can occur. These accidents generally result in catastrophic injury or death.
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), common safety hazards associated with the oil and gas industry include, but are not limited to:
- Vehicle accidents
- Struck-by, caught-in or caught-between injuries
- Pipeline explosions and fires
- Fall injuries
- Chemical burns and exposure
- Machine hazards, such as crane accidents
- Electrocution injuries
Our Houston oilfield injury lawyer handles many cases involving gas and Texas oilfield injuries. We understand the devastation an accident can cause in your life. We represent individuals and families across Texas to obtain the compensation needed to move forward.
What Should I Do After a Gas or Oilfield Jobsite Injury?
After a work injury, there are many important and immediate steps to take. You should:
- Seek medical treatment. After a work accident, stop working immediately and seek medical attention. You need to take care of your health first.
- Report your injury to management. You want to report your injury and accident to your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Take pictures. Take pictures of your injuries and the accident scene. Pictures can be important evidence for your claim.
- Write down everything and keep documentation. This includes writing down witness contact information and details about the accident scene. It also includes recording the status of your injuries. Keep all documentation between you and your employer, insurance company and medical professionals.
Our biggest piece of advice is to not trust the insurance company. The insurance company is not on your side. It is very important that you speak with an experienced oilfield injury lawyer about your accident. You do not want to give a formal statement, sign any paperwork or settle without first speaking to an attorney.
Gas and oilfield injury cases can be complex because more than one party could be responsible for your injuries. However, large corporations generally have endless resources to investigate and fight your claim. You need someone on your side who can conduct an independent investigation, gather strong evidence and fight for you.
In Texas, you only have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury claim. We recommend that you file your claim as soon as possible.
Call Our Oilfield Injury Lawyer Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one has suffered gas or oilfield injuries, we encourage you to get in touch with us. Oilfield injury attorney Daniel D. Horowitz, III is a committed and experienced legal advocate. During a free case evaluation, we can help you understand your best legal options for your specific situation. Call our office today at (832) 225-4902 to set up your confidential case evaluation.