THE CAUSES OF TRUCK ACCIDENTS
It has been reported that, on average, truck drivers drive up to 3,000
miles per week. With this being said, it is no wonder trucks hauling heavy
loads are a common sight on Texas freeways and highways. Due to the size
of the trucks, these semi-trucks can be very dangerous to other drivers
that share the road.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, contact the
Houston personal injury attorneys at The Law Office of Daniel D. Horowitz,
III PC for seasoned representation.
What Actions Contribute to Truck Accidents?
Truck drivers commute cross-country every day. For this reason, truck accidents
can occur to due to a number of reasons. Below is a list of some of the
main causes of truck accidents.
- Drug Use: It has been reported that a high percentage of truck accidents have occurred
as a result of the truck driver driving under the influence of both illegal
and prescription drugs.
- Speeding: Although there are speed limits for truckers – ones much lower than for
normal vehicles – many truck drivers speed to reach their destination faster.
- Traveling in Unfamiliar Areas: Truck drivers are required to travel through places they are not familiar
with to reach their destinations. Due to traveling on unfamiliar roads,
many truck drivers misjudge roads and cause accidents.
- Fatigue: As a result of traveling long distances for many hours, many drivers become
fatigued. This can often result in a truck driver falling asleep at the
wheel or a decrease in the truck driver’s reaction time.
- Distraction: Like other distracted driving cases, truck accidents often involve some
sort of distracted driving such as eating, changing the radio, texting,
talking on the phone, and rubbernecking.
- Failure to Use Turn Signals: Many truck accidents are caused by simple things such as forgetting to
use a turn signal when switching lanes. Due to the size and heaviness
of the load, a truck accident can be caused as a result of the truck side-swiping
a normal vehicle.
What Should I do if I have Been Involved in a Truck Accident?
If you or a loved one has been injured or harmed in any way due to a truck
accident, it is important that you seek experienced legal representation
right away. The
Houston truck accident lawyers at The Law Office of Daniel D. Horowitz, III PC understand the severity
of truck accidents and the possibility of injuries that can come as a
result of such accidents.
When you work with us, the truck accident attorney at our firm will work
hard to get the compensation you deserve. They are dedicated to making
sure you and your loved ones are taken care of through the entire process.
For your free consultation,
call our firm today at (832) 225-4902.